Tuesday 25 March 2014

OK, so I'm the Office Manager at NeighbourBlog, and I managed to get tasked with the wonderful experience of testing out online dating and online dating apps. Now I was going to review the apps at first, but I mean in all honesty, once you know how to use it, they’re all pretty much the same.
So I've come up with a few different things that I found to be true when online dating

It’s like looking for a job.

- You find one that you REALLY like.



- You try and make your profile stand out so they will notice you.


- You’re not really sure when or if you should follow up.



- Sometimes they ignore you, and you don’t know why.



- It’s hard not to take rejection personally.



- You try and tell yourself something else will come up, and you carry on smiling. Inside you’re like this –



- Then one comes along and starts talking and you’re like this!


- You plan your outfit.



- You get nervous.



- You MUST make a perfect first impression.



- When one talks back to you it’s the greatest thing ever.



- And then you are glad the others didn't work out.




- Because this one rocks.



So in essence the whole experience was horrifying. But the PEOPLE you meet are pretty interesting. I've managed to narrow it down to the different types of guys you come across when Online Dating.


- The guy who doesn't know how to take things slowly.



- The guy who thinks he's way too good for you, but is on a dating site..?




- The living proof that chivalry is most certainly dead.


- The anti-commitmentphobe



- The guy who wants to get noticed for his ‘personality’



- The guy you once dated and now have to face again.


- The nice middle aged couple that want to ‘care’ for me



- The one that’s clearly lying about their age



- The guy that writes in Bingo



- The mean guy





And lastly, to conclude my wonderful experience of online dating. I give you a list of things you should NEVER EVER EVER message ANYONE when online dating. EVER.

1. I want to love you.
2. We would make awesome kids.
3. You look like my ex.
4. You’re way too cute to be single. What’s wrong with you?
5. How many have you slept with from here?
6. My wife would love you.
7. You aren't my usual type, I go for classically beautiful.
8. Are you smart or lying?
9. I've got a third nipple, wanna see?
10. Can I pay you?
11. My ex always used to say…
12. You sound like my Mum
13. You’re face makes me want to cry with happiness
14. I'm not looking for anything serious
15. Can I come to your house now? (3am)
16. I don’t like pizza
17. Do you go on a lot of dates?
18. I'm about to go on a trip that lasts 587 years
19. How many dates does it take to sleep with you?
20. I have 30 children possibly more!
21. I think Miley Cyrus is misunderstood

No comments:

Post a Comment